Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Brisbane, Australia (Day 1)

Hi to all. It's a lovely, warm day here in Brisbane. The flight was reasonably uneventful - a slight delay due to a sick crew member being replaced, and some mild turbulence. We arrived in Brisbane just after a planeload from Japan and another from Singapore, but eventually we got through cutoms and quarantine, and they let me keep my milkpowder, honey and assorted other food. (Random Engrish T-shirt spotting: "CARIFOLNIA")

Caught the train to town, and after wandering around town for a bit, found out where to go to start filling out forms - another half-hour train ride and a short walk. But the trains here are great, very smooth and regular. True to form, I ended up (successfully?) giving directions to some random person who wanted to know if they were on the correct platform...

Anyhow, the forms couldn't be done today, and I've been told to expect everything to possibly take until Wednesday, so the trip may be off to a slow start... I've looked around Brisbane Central a bit, but now maybe I'll go and catch a movie or something, because I'm tired of carrying my bag around.

Love to all...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bit scarce on Photos Anton. Kind regards from all at Houmoed. (You do just that!)

8:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOps, just a bit scarce on patience: here they come now.

8:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home